lauantai 19. maaliskuuta 2016

Vanity

I don’t even know why I’m writing this but I’ll do it anyway – besides, I always engage in pointless rambling so there is no need to make this post an exception.

So, here it is. My hair is falling.

Such a stupid, vain, irrelevant, shallow thing to write about. I’m ashamed to admit that I’m bothered by it. Why should I care? Why should I give a damn about it? I can wear a hat to keep my head warm, what do I need hair for? Exactly. And yet, for some reason, I’m sad about it. Perhaps it is because my hair is one of the few things I like about my own appearance. Again, why should I care? Why should it matter? As much as I’d love to I can’t erase its importance. It’s not the world to me but it’s something. I’ve always been rather ignorant about my looks and tend to find other things far more interesting. When meeting new people I value their thoughts and opinions, not what they look like. That applies to me as well: I like to think there is something more interesting about me (if not my persona perhaps my interests at least) than the way I happen to look.

It’s not that I’m going bald right away, I’ve still got hair but it’s getting much thinner and I’m afraid it won’t stop. If it doesn’t, I hope it’ll keep falling slowly so that eventually I won’t care.


There. My first post about looks ever. I hope I’ll never write another one.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti