lauantai 14. marraskuuta 2015

Condolences

Even if there is much to say it's best to remain silent if the right words cannot be found. If you can't say anything, don't - or turn to someone who can.

'But for long years we healers have only sought to patch the rents made by the men of swords. Though we should still have enough to do without them: the world is full enough of hurts and mischances without wars to multiply them.'

'It may be that only a few days are left ere darkness falls upon our world, and when it comes I hope to face it steadily; but it would ease my heart, if while the Sun yet shines, I could see you still.'

'Let us not speak at all! I stand upon some dreadful brink, and it is utterly dark in the abyss before my feet, but whether there is any light behind me I cannot tell. For I cannot turn yet. I wait for some stroke of doom.'
'Yes, we wait for the stroke of doom,' said Faramir. And they said no more; and it seemed to them as they stood upon the wall that the wind died, and the light failed, and the Sun was bleared, and all the sounds in the City or in the lands about were hushed: neither wind, nor voice, nor bird-call, nor rustle of leaf, nor their own breath could be heard; the very beating of their hearts was stilled.

This is the ending. Now not day only shall be beloved, but night too shall be beautiful and blessed and all its fears pass away!

- J.R.R. Tolkien: The Lord of the Rings (The Return of the King)

Deep and dark are the fears now yet not invincible. What has been done is done. What matters is what we choose to do next.
My condolences.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti