perjantai 27. helmikuuta 2015

Falling water

I’m aware that coherency isn't really my greatest virtue as a writer but even with that remark being made the following text is remarkably random. Feel free to grow tired with this rambling.

I’m completely obsessed with waterfalls. Yes, waterfalls. I love them. They’re beautiful, mystical and wondrous to behold. They remain in the same place for ages and yet live in constant movement. The sound of falling water is as enchanting as are the foam and wavelets in the pool below. I regret to say I've only seen some small waterfalls and I guess they've been more like high rapids than actual falls. I’d love to go to Iceland, Italy or New Zealand (among dozen other places); as far as I know they've got wonderful falls there and at the moment my travel fever is practically impossible to handle. I should never type words such as 'Most beautiful waterfalls' in Google search box. Never.

As I've written several times more than actually would be necessary I love nature. I’m especially fond of water – I don’t fully understand why but that’s the way it’s always been. I adore lakes, rivers, fountains, brooks, seas, everything. There is something so deeply soothing about water that both seeing it and touching it seems to have a healing effect. One of my favourite things to do in summer is to go for a late night swim (in Finnish we have specific compound word for ‘swimming in the moonlight’, I guess that says something about us) in a lake located in some quiet woodland area. It’s unbelievably relaxing to float and look at the darkening sky, to feel the mist slowly rising from the water around you and to hear the voices of the night birds and the water itself. Those moments are, in my opinion, as close to magic as a simple human child can get.




As a suitably labyrinthine conclusion to the equally labyrinthine text I could say that to me water stands for harmony and healing whereas waterfalls stand furthermore for utmost beauty if not sacredness.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti