perjantai 20. helmikuuta 2015

Evanescence


Sometimes I’m just so sick of them. Computers. Phones. Technology in general. A coffee machine I can manage. Today my flash drive (or computer; my anger grows just because I don’t even know which device I’m supposed to be blaming for this shit) let me down in a way most unforgivable. I tried to re-send an essay (a fascinating one, it is the one I wrote about Tolkien’s poems) to my teacher since he wasn’t able to open the file I had sent him earlier but all of a sudden I noticed that the entire folder had disappeared. In that folder were all my literature essays, notes, presentations, everything.

I reckon it’s unnecessary to explicate the next step but in favour of the reader’s convenience I’ll do it nevertheless. I’ll move out of this God-forsaken sorry excuse for a city (that I called nice in my previous post; I do realise I’m slightly agitated at the moment) and find my dwelling in some distant, deserted area far away in the woods. I’d go to our summer cottage but oh, right, we don’t have it anymore thanks to  Thor god of Thunder. In fact life as a woodland loner has always been a dream of mine so saying any of this isn’t actually surprising. I’d live in a small hut or a cottage (or a treehouse, even better) deep in the woods or by a lake, I’d have plenty of books but apart from that very little belongings. There I’d dwell in unbroken serenity and grow old with the trees.

I may not be the brightes light in the harbour (at least when it comes to intelligence measured with mathematics) but I still realise this isn’t really a plan most likely to be put into practice. Hence I think I’ll just go and play with the only reliable device within these squares, that being the Moccamaster. Perhaps I’ll find comfort in caffeine.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti