torstai 7. huhtikuuta 2016

Feverish slumber and studying Tolkien

Last week I finished two important things I’ve been working on the whole spring – finished for now, that is, not completely. Now I have a break from them even though there is always some schoolwork to do. One of these projects concerns Tolkien’s legendarium and I couldn’t be more excited about it. Writing has been hard and slow at times but also very rewarding and intriguing. I thought I couldn’t love Tolkien more than I already do but apparently it is possible.

I haven’t really been able to study this week because I’ve got fever and it clouds my minds a little bit – I don’t complain, though, I’ve been having wonderfully bizarre dreams. One night I was trying to memorize the bloodline of the Noldor (half believing they were real), and in another dream I asked my mother to defuse the bomb that was set in our VCR. There’s nothing like feverish slumber. Anyway, shamefully I had to skip a couple of classes because of it and had to think of something to do. I was too tired to read (which is rare) and since I don’t have to write anything big right now after getting those two texts returned I thought I could just relax and watch a film:

‘Hmm, here is my chance to totally forget about the projects and assignments and put them on the side for a while. I’ll do something different for change. Hmm, maybe I’ll watch The Return of the King.’


I’m never quite sure what counts as leisure, what as working time. And I love it the way it is.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti