lauantai 8. elokuuta 2015

They're back!

Oh yes, they are - finally. The stars. A few nights ago I saw them properly for the first time in months. I guess the nights have been dim enough for some time already but it's been a bit too cloudy for a good stargazing marathon. But there they were again, just the way they've always been. Only Cassiopeia and both Dippers were bright enough for my untrained amateur eyes but I was thrilled to see them after such a long break. The downside is that that sight made me even more reluctant to return to the city in September... Of course it's a nice city, I love the university and so on but I can't turn myself into a city-dweller. I simply can't manipulate myself like that. I can't stand the light pollution, the noise, the traffic jam... And only we Finns refer to it as a city, to all others it would probably be a village (223 238 inhabitants at the moment). I hate that I can't see the stars properly - not that I'd even enjoy wandering in the streets at night.

I got distracted. Well, that happens all the time. (Even in the middle of a conversation. It's embarrassing.)

Anyway. The stars make me feel at home more than anything else. They're so familiar, so beautiful, so friendly. Two nights ago I also saw a shooting star, haven't seen one since winter. Did I make a wish? Of course. Call me stupid if you like. Naturally I don't actually believe it works. Just hope it does.

P.S.  I tried to make a necklace that looks like the night sky, Milky way or something like that. It is in fact quite nice but then I of course dropped it (the phrase 'all thumbs' is a ridiculous understatement in my sad case). It's not completely shattered but unfortunately I can't wear it since the chain-holder-thingy is broken. Damn. Well, I'll try to make a new one now that I'm smart enough to use steel. Or a rock. Or osmium.




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti